We have already celebrated the half-century anniversary of the PANNÓNIA trademark.
In 1954, the first PANNÓNIA model, the TL (telescopic & swinging arm) was introduced, and beagn a successful age of maturity at the Csepel Motorcycle Work’s. This model retained many details from its predecessor, the CSEPEL 250. While the clutch drive changed from gear wheel to chain, the Czech Jikov carburettor was retained. Engine output remained almost the same, 10.5 horsepower at 4,600 rpm, and this was sufficient to offer a maximum speed of exactly 100 km/h. Following initial failures the cycle frame was re-designed, and providing many years reliable service, remained unchanged for later type versions. Some PANNÓNIA TL machines left the factory with Csepel De Luxe stickers before the final finish was agreed upon.